Day 16... I may need professional assistance...

The anniversary weekend turned into an eating frenzy and not a lot of time for "self care"- it was fun, though.
 
I'm clearly lacking motivation.

On paper, I know what to do.  I know why to do it.  I'd like to live a long and healthy life and yet...

I'm considering hiring a personal trainer.  I've done this before.  The challenge I had was she liked me, we became friends and she didn't push me.  I became her personal therapist in a way.  She did give me a great work out plan.

 As I'm reading biographies I think I found someone... but what if she actually pushes me?!!

It'll hurt.

Change hurts.

I'm trying to embrace the change.  Because I need to make one.

Why can't this be easy?

The good news, we had a change at work which gives me some flexibility- I can spend less time managing (or trying to) and spend more time on my practice and most importantly my health.

A trainer will hold me accountable.

I'm grateful it's something I can afford.

People hire me to help them....

So why do I have an issue with it?  Is it the fear of being forced to actually push myself?  Is it that I'm annoyed that I became the rich, fat middle aged woman who has to pay someone to tell her to get off her ass?

Do I need a trainer or therapist?

Or am I maybe cheap and since I've been down this road before I don't want to try it again?

Thoughts?  Anyone?

How do you make a change in your life?

Any tips?  

I'm taking a Behavioral Psychology class at the moment- I started it to help motivate my team at work and my clients to take action.

Looks like I may need it for me.



Comments

Popular Posts