Where did I go?

 I had a few people ask what happened to my blog... and they said they missed it.  That gave me the warm and fuzzies.

A few things happened to my blog....

First, my kids grew to an age where sharing their stories was no longer appropriate.  Teenaging is tough enough.  No one needs your mom blabbing about it.

Second, the Russians started reading my blog.  I'm not making that up.  That really creeped me out.  

Third, my broker-dealer blocks this website.  So my computers that I use for work, I can't use to blog. I get it.  I don't want to be responsible for some bizarre hacking incident.  Because, as I know, the RUSSIANS WERE READING MY BLOG. 

Fourth, stupid people seem to have taken over the internet.  And they are mean.  They say mean things.  And while I'm pretty tough, it really DID bother me.  

Fifth, stupid people are everywhere.  I didn't have anything nice to say.  I decided to follow the well given advice of Thumper- if I didn't have anything nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.

But here's the deal, I'm tired of the bullies winning.  I also really miss writing.  I'm nicer when I write.  And call me vain, selfish or whatever- I think the world needs more Mama Bean and my sense of humor.

Baby, I'm back.

I'm fatter and older than ever, too.

So this ain't no mommy blog.

This is a perimenopausal soon to be empty nester long married blog.

Baby, I've come a long way.

Please blame my friend Kimberly.  

We were chatting about not being our best selves lately and she's doing this 75 day challenge thing and I said- okay, I'm in.  You pick a healthy food plan- whatever works for you and stick to it for 75 days.  You cut out alcohol.  You read 10 pages a day.  You exercise twice a day.

But you kinda customize it.  Just commit to yourself to do something good for yourself for 75 days.

If I start today, that gets me to Christmas Eve.

I'm giving myself some mulligans for my husband's 50th birthday, our 20th anniversary and Thanksgiving.

But honestly, I remember doing a 2 hour spin class while my turkey cooked on Thanksgiving...

So maybe I'll just apply the mulligan for wine and food.

As for food- I've been busy dieting since I stopped blogging.  I did so well I'm up 60 lbs.  Yes, you read that correctly.  So screw whatever food plan.  I'm going to try and eat healthier.  Yes, that's vague.  

Here's the plan--

Exercise twice a day for at least 10 minutes. I can commit to that.  
No snacking after 7:30 pm.
Only snacks are fruits, veggies or nuts.
Bed time at 10, except on Wednesday- 10:30 pm.
Blog every day.  Take a selfie everyday. That's a thing with this.
Meditate every day.  
Read 10 pages every day (this is so not even a thing for me)
Conduct all my virtual meetings while standing.

This is no 35 year old Mama Bean trying to get fit.  This is me, just trying to be a little bit healthier.  That's all.

And then I can tweak. 

But doing nothing and continuing the sloth like lifestyle I developed during the last part of the quarantine... that's gotta go.

This is for my mental health.  

Feel free to join me!

#75MyWay






Comments

Kimberly Coats said…
Yeah....you've got this. I wrote today again....mental health and Ted Lasso :) love that man!

Keep in touch...keep prodding me!
Unknown said…
I’m so glad your Blog is back. You’ve got this. I need the motivation as well. It’s been a long year and a half. Every time I think it’s going to get better, it seems to get worse. I currently have Breakthrough Covid. When I said I needed a mental health day, like all teachers, this isn’t exactly what I had in mind. I can’t wait to read what you post next.
Mama Bean said…
I had breakthrough Covid, too! It wasn't awful but it really took some of the wind out of the sails.

Feel better!!

Popular Posts