Days 5-10 of 75

 That blogging daily thing clearly did not happen!

In my defense, my heavily secured work computers don't allow me to access Blogger.  Fair enough.  Also, my husband has started taking a class and he's using the family lap top for the class.

Oh- and I've been ridiculously busy.

I would love to report that I exercised every day.  Ate completely healthy.  Meditated.  

Didn't happen.

However, some of it did.  Enough to keep me inspired.  I definitely exercised more than the week before.  I was more conscious of my food choices.  

So not a complete crap job.  Glimmer of hope.  Shoots of green.

The biggest challenge I face is work.  I own my own business.  It's going well.  I love what I do.  I can easily work 70 hours a week if left unattended.  Having kids was a good thing for me- it made me step away.  But now that the kids need me far less and I'm adjusting to back to the office after the pandemic... it's hard.  During the pandemic, when most people were working less and complaining of being bored, I was working 12 hours.  And the fact that it was from home, it made it easy to start early "Just a couple quick things...." and the next thing I knew it was 6 pm and I hadn't left my office since 6 am.  Part of it was necessity because of what was going on, but honestly... I really like it that much. You know how they say if you love what you do, it's not work?  That's true. 

But... here's the thing.  I have a treadmill and a bike at home.  And a pool (but it's too cold right now).  And I'm the boss.  And I set my own schedule.

My issue isn't time. 

My issue is prioritizing.  Putting me first. It's weird. I don't even like writing that- so clearly the issues run deep!

I need to get over it.

So that's the focus of the next week.  Being aware that putting other things before me, isn't healthy.  It doesn't mean I'm selfish- it means I'm carving out a small part of the day to be healthy.

Slow & steady...

And I managed to get dressed every single day without injuring myself.

Talk about progress!!

Stay tuned...



Comments

Popular Posts