DAY 3 OF 75

 Bored yet?

I'd give today a strong B+ - good effort, didn't quite knock it out of the park but not a bad day.

I did a treadmill work out with the Peloton app. I'm thinking of changing my Peloton name to CoolDownQueen since I pretty much, after 16 months of having the app, somehow manage to do primarily cool down workouts.  

This one was a Scottish guy and I swear I had no clue what he said the entire 10 minutes I "cooled down" with him.  It was intriguing though... kept me focused... or basically I walked with a "WTF" look on my face... which is honestly how I go through life most of the time.  If you remember the RCA dog head tilt... that's me.  Anyhow, the Scottish dude is chatting it up as I waddle through at 2.1 mph... 

I seem to be recovering nicely from my underwear incident.  Slow and steady.  As I remind clients all the time... "Remember, the tortoise wins the race, not the hare." 

And I'm definitely more tortoise these days.   That could be an insult to tortoises now that I think of it.

I'm sitting here typing after 9 really wanting to snack.  I did eat after 7:30 but only because we ate later.  So 8.

But I'm not doing this all or nothing crap.  That's what I always do.  Then I throw in the towel and go down a dark spiral and end up licking the butter dish at midnight.  Not really... but pretty close.  I'm not sure when night grazing became such a thing for me.  I think it's once I got a TV.  I was the weirdo without a TV forever.  Then I didn't have cable until I got married.  What can I say?  I was really busy.

So B+ it is.  

But the reality is, the day was an A+.  I can't share my work stuff, but I made a difference today.  I was there when someone needed me.  

I came home to my husband and like the video from yesterday suggested, I greeted him like I had missed him.  I was grateful for him.  This resulted in a pretty fun evening making dinner together and we always eat dinner together as a family.  It's amazing how resetting an attitude has a huge impact on not just me, but everyone.

And then my friend Kimberly writes about me in her blog-- and says all kinds of nice things... and how awesome is that gift? Our Highest Selves

The B+ went to an A+.

As I beat myself up for letting myself go, it was nice to know that some people could see me beyond what I see in the mirror.  Maybe it was because I started the day with positive energy that the universe gave me some back?

I have far more to be grateful for than to complain about. The next few weeks that will be my focus.


Comments

Popular Posts