My Friends

I am one lucky woman.

For some reason, I have been very blessed and fortunate to be surrounded by a group of amazing people in my life. 

Starting in high school, for whatever reason, incredible people started to play roles in my life.  People who make a difference.  People who overcame odds.  People who take adversity and turn it into a privilege.  People who change the world.  People who, by doing so themselves, make me try to set the bar a little higher.

Some people I am exceptionally close with and others have been more acquaintances who probably aren't aware of their impact on me.

I have friends who have set up scholarship foundations for children they have lost, organizations  that provide assistance for families of children of diseases their children have conquered, left cushy lives to provide bikes to farmers in Africa, established global organizations for teens to promote world peace and understanding, run marathons even when they found out their cancer returned-- I could go on. 

They travel, they dance, they laugh too loud, they read too much, they think.

They are thoughtful, they are conscientious, they are kind.

They love art, they love music, they love sports, they love politics, they love competition.

They love life.

They make every day of my life of a little bit better.  They are a part of me.

So if I call you my friend, know that you are part of pretty impressive circle of people. 

And know, most of all, that I am grateful to have you be a part of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts