"I Know What You and Daddy Did Last Night..."

This is an oldie but goodie, inspired by a comic someone posted on FB today.

My son was about 4 years old.  He was very annoyed with me.

"What's wrong?"  I asked.

"I know what you and Daddy did last night."

Oh dear.

It was Thursday morning.  The morning after Hump Day.  Other families have their traditions, we have ours...

ANYHOW, I became a little nervous.

"You do?"  Thoughts were racing through my head on how I was going to respond to what I thought was coming next...

"Yes."  He was still mad.

"What do you think we were doing?"

"You had a party without me."

"A party?"  I asked.

"Yes."  Still mad.

"Why do you think we had a party?"

"I know you were up later than me," he said unhappily.

"Yes, we were up late.  We stay up later than you every night. "

"But you had a party last night.  I know."

"You do?"  Now I'm worried....

"I saw the popcorn bowl.  Why would you have popcorn without me?!"

Phew.

"Yes.  Mommy and Daddy had a popcorn party.  I am so sorry we didn't invite you."

And from that day forward, we started locking the door.

Comments

E. Jane said…
I laughed out loud when I read this! So funny, and so typical! I love hearing about young families. Thanks for sharing!
hilarious! Hows cross fit going? sounds exciting and fun, if I could fit in more working out I would but my body is starting to show its age....Would love to try it sometime though! good luck, cya soon xo
Mama Bean said…
I hoping to still make it to Zumba, too! Crossfit is amazing. I have never seen so many insanely fit people in my life. It is KILLING me. Everyone else was doing knee lifts from the pull up bar-- I just got to hang there since I basically have no core muscles!! Or the ones I have can't lift my lower body. I will get there. It's oddly addicting...

And as for age-- it does seem ageless. My retired high school principal is the one who got me into it. He's in his 60's.... the workouts are actually short, but insanely intense. Some of the people do it 5-6 times a week. I can't imagine. After the summer, I'm going to try and recreate it at LVAC since I don't think the class times are going to work with my schedule. I know I won't push myself quite the same, though.... i sound like a cult member.... I was told this would happen!

Popular Posts