Thank you for dropping by!

I truly appreciate that you've decided to share part of your day in my world. I hope your time has been well spent and I've made you smile, laugh or think.





Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  And not just because of the food.  Don't get me wrong, I love to cook and even more I love to cook for other people.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I get to give thanks.

I get to take a moment from my busy life, to stop, look around and be grateful.  Truly grateful.

I have been very fortunate to have a good life surrounded by friends and family.  I am healthy.  I have healthy children.  I have a strong marriage to someone that I respect and adore.  I have a career that I am passionate about and get to work with clients that I would gladly invite into my home. 

I am very, very fortunate. 

It hasn't always been sunshine and rainbows.  I always joke about my "homeless period"- the three months that I couch surfed- but it's always made me appreciate having a roof over my head and more importantly, the value of my friends.  And I've had other things happen that might surprise you, but they always have made me a better person, more appreciative of all that I have.  The bad things are as interwoven into my soul as the many, many good things.

With all the negativity in the world, I may seem a Pollyanna, and that's okay with me.  

As I sat at the table on Thanksgiving, surrounded by family, I was overwhelmed as I am every year-- even during the couch surfing days- to be surrounded by so much love and so much good fortune.

And I gave thanks.



No comments: