Blogging and a Thank You

I have been writing my blog for 6 months now.  It started after I noticed that my friend's parents were requesting to friend me on Facebook.  When I asked them why their mom/dad wanted to be my friend, they all said "I read them your posts and they crack up."  I threw out the idea of blogging to the Facebook world and was shocked at the positive responses.

On the flip side, I've had a few people roll their eyes at my blogging.  As if they were far superior and so incredibly busy they couldn't fathom doing something so useless.

It's not useless.

And yes, I am busy, too.  I have a business, 2 kids, and try to be a good wife.  I can't talk about my business on the internet, but I will say, this spring has been insane with staffing and other issues.

Blogging has been a great release.

I am very honestly touched when people say they look forward to my blogs.  I had a friend who I hadn't spoken to in awhile call me, simply to thank me for changing her outlook on things.  Wow.

I get excited when I see someone repost something on their wall on Facebook.  Silly, maybe, but it's nice.  It's fun to be quoted.

It's also been fun to see where people are reading my blog.  I have a fairly consistent following in Denmark and Malaysia.  India is picking up, as is Germany.  I find that completely insane.

I've also been intrigued by which ones are "popular."  It's never the ones I think.  The sunshiny ones seem most popular.  I'm always hesitant to wane too philosophical- I don't want to sound preachy.  It's nice to know that when I want to, people shake their heads in agreement more than roll their eyes.

It's been great to see my readership expand.  I'm not a huge blog, but every week it's picking up.  I was just talking to my friend Kim yesterday about it.  She spends a large portion of her time working in Africa and has a great blog on her travels, fund raising for the Team Rwanda cycling team-  cool stuff (I have a link at the bottom).  I understand why people read her blog.  I told her I was shocked that people found my mundane perspective entertaining.  But it's fun.  I've also gotten competitive (as is my nature) to see how I can continue to build on it.  Sad, but true!

So today, my last day of my recovery week, I just wanted to say thank you.  When I'm having a bad day, it's nice to see that someone thought I did something well.

Feel free to comment at the bottom of the blogs I write.  Feel free to share.   I really enjoy the commentary!!!


Have a great weekend!!

Comments

Popular Posts