Day 2... hmmm... interesting


  • Meditating 30 minutes daily.   15.  I blame the dogs.
  • Flossing daily. Done,
  • Ab Challenge. About that...
  • Not eating out. 1 out of 3??  It's the last week of school... I worked late... I took my assistant out...
  • Moisturizing every day.  Done.
  • Minimizing processed foods. Nope.
  • Take a 30 minute walk every night.  I was too tired.
  • Not eat after dinner.  Done.
  • Go to bed at 10 pm. 10:30... and then I played Words with Friends until 10:45


    Wow- Day 2 and it looks like I'm already bombing BUT.. and here is why I'm doing it this way...  The day went like this:

    I woke up with a horrible allergy induced headache (because I went for a walk in the wind).  I TRIED to meditate. Honestly.  My head was throbbing.  I was stuffy.  When the dogs started World Class Jiu Jitsu at my feet, I bailed.

    Then, even though I packed my lunch, I decided that I wanted to take my assistant out to check out where we are having a client event.  Very last minute.  We are both exhausted with end of year stuff, so it was nice to catch up.  We are actually friends.

    Then my son had an activity after school so the rest of my family ate there and I decided to grab some Baja Fresh.  Fast Food.  But honestly, not the worst choice.  I did fish tacos (grilled).  So it COULD have been worse.

    I got home, stuffed my face and realized I never did do my abs.  And it was too late and I was too tired to walk.

    At 10:30-- I was chatting with a friend who is coming to visit this Friday-- I went upstairs and felt like a total loser.

    But here's what I didn't do- just throw on a t-shirt and go to bed.

    I brushed and flossed, moisturized and then played a little Words with Friends and fell asleep feeling a lot better.

    Because the reason I have all these things on the list is because when I don't do one, I begin a downward spiral into loserdom.  That "Well, I already blew, so who cares?"  I didn't just eat MORE crap and stay up until midnight.

    The little silly things, like flossing (which again, can't tell you how important it is), remind me that I need to take better care of myself.

    So this morning when I got up-- I mediated, did my abs (I jumped ahead a day in the challenge) and rather than beat myself up for what I didn't do-- I gave myself some credit for not throwing in the towel already-- on Day 3.  Sad.  But true.

    This is all about taking care of myself and being consistent.  Grabbing my oxygen mask first.

    So Day 2 was a failure in some ways and a huge success in others.

    Onward....
  • Comments

    Popular Posts